Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

You Thought You Had More Friends...

I hate this one because I really am a nice guy with actual feelings, so I have to have pity on you. 
You booked a party for your birthday for 30, and there are 8 people sitting in your room. 
Ok, that sucks.
For you and for us.  However, you didn't think about us when you made up 22 pretend friends in your head.  I mean, I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how many people would show up to a dinner I invited them to.  And It ain't 30, not even half that.  But at least I am honest with myself.  I'm not going to go book a room for 30, tie up all that space and 2 servers for a couple of hours on a busy ass night because I told some acquaintances about my dinner.  Plus, what looks worse for you, 8 people in a room of 30, or 8 people at a table for 10? 
You make yourself look like the biggest loser of all time. 
And we are left to pity you!  This is just as bad as seeing someone stood up on a date in the restaurant!

2 comments:

  1. You speak the truth! I don't work at restaurant, but I see the effects of peoples parties being failures all the time. I once had a guy that returned everything he bought for a party because no one showed up. We felt so bad for him that we didn't give em a hard time for returning all those items lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope he didn't eat all the cheese pizza that was left. Sorry, channeling Wierd Al Yankovic there.

    I have a fairly realistic expectations of the amount of people who I expect to take any interest in me, much less show up to an event that I've personally set up.

    ReplyDelete